How do I reverse uncashed cheques?

Issue: I have several old uncashed cheques and want to get them off the reconciliation page. I can't cancel them as they are from before period end close-down and I also want to be able to have a trail for audit.

Solution: To enter a transaction to cancel out the uncashed cheques and remove them from the bank statement screen by entering contra-entries to cancel them out.

  • Go to Transactions > Enter Receipt
  • Fill out the same account, description, amount, name etc. (to mirror the original transaction)
  • Select the type as a Direct Credit
  • Save or Save/Print the transaction (optional)

Once saved, you will have your original uncashed cheques on your bank reconciliation screen with the matching credits. Simply reconcile these transactions together and this will clear them from your system.

Note: Because we have used contra-entries, you balances on your bank will not be affected.




© SF Software Limited t/a PEBBLE 2018 All Rights Reserved.